Have you mastered the basics of whitewater paddling and are ready for the next challenge?
The course will begin with a review of skills on flat and moving water before concentrating on whitewater skills.
Before taking part in an Intermediate Course you should:
- Have completed a Penrith Whitewater Novice Course or be confident on grade 3 whitewater
- Have paddled on grade 3 whitewater a number of times in the last year.
- Be able to confidently perform break-ins & break-outs, catch small eddies and ferry glide on grade 3 whitewater.
- Be able to roll consistently & confidently on grade 3 whitewater.
- Be able to safely self-rescue in grade 3 whitewater.
On the course you will work on:
- Front and side surfing, 360’s & boofing
- Specific playboat moves and stroke combinations
- Maintaining general awareness
- Reverse ferries
- Fine water reading skills
- Grade 3 paddling
- Rolling on both sides & hand rolls
Adventure Level: HIGH. We recommend that you be physically fit, a strong swimmer and be very confident in the water.
Duration: 2 days
Minimum age: 12 years
Cost: $280 per person